Sugar House Dance Code of Conduct
- SHD welcomes everyone regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, race, disability, physical appearance, or religion (or lack thereof).
- SHD does not tolerate harassment of any kind. Some examples of harassment include: offensive verbal comments, unwanted photography or recording, intimidation, stalking, unwelcome sexual attention, and inappropriate physical contact.
- Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
- No underage drinking is permitted at SHD events. For those of age, drinking is only permitted at Late Nights due to venue restrictions.
- Aerials, lifts or dips that result in one partner being completely responsible for the weight of the other are not permitted during social dancing at SHD events. These moves are fine for performances or competitions.
- If a participant violates the code of conduct, the SHD Board of Directors may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender, expulsion from the event with no refund or short or long term bans from SHD events.
- These policies cannot and do not outline every type of acceptable or unacceptable behavior or resulting consequences.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of staff immediately, using one of the following methods:
- Speaking to them in person
- By phone
- By email
- By Facebook messenger
Any reported concerns will be treated seriously and confidentially.
Public contact information of Board members are listed in the About page.